GearLink Racing is constantly striving to obtain better benefits for its team members. As a result, member benefits are continuously being revised on an ongoing basis and are subject to frequent change without notice. The membership benefits described in these pages are to be used as a general guide only. For up-to-date benefits information for the 2012 season please contact a GearLink Racing representative.
1. Base Level Benefits:
Each team member that has paid the membership dues in full and the membership application has been approved will receive the benefits listed below:
- An opportunity to ride and train with one of Florida’s most successful Master's racing teams. 2011 stats include:
5 State Champions (Men’s U23 TT, Men’s 35+ Florida Cup RR Individual, Men’s Cat 3 Florida Cup Individual RR and Pro-1-2 Florida Cup Individual and Team RR)
A Gold and Silver Medalist in the Florida Senior Olympics (RR)
25 First Place Finishers
50 Active Racing Members
- Annual ownership interest in GearLink Racing, Inc. (One membership = One vote)
- Access to team training programs, training rides, racing clinics, team education clinics and seminars by Endurofit.
- Eligibility for Training Level Membership.
- An oppurtunity to purchase GearLink Racing Team uniforms and other clothing accesories at supplier vendor cost
Base Level Eligibility Requirements
GearLink Racing members must complete all of the following requirements to
receive Base Level Benefits:
- Paid the membership dues in full.
- Their membership application has been approved by the board.
- Comply with the GearLink Racing Code of Conduct.
- Commits to volunteering or has volunteered for a minimum of 3 hours at the annual race sponsored by GearLink.
2. Training Level Benefits:
Every base level team member who purchases at least one 2012 team kit (jersey and shorts) will receive the benefits listed in Base Level PLUS the benefits below:
- 10% discount on equipment, labor and parts available at our current bike shop sponsor, Chainwheel Drive.
- A substantial discount on Specialized bikes and products.
- Substantial discount on membership at team sponsor Total Fitness gym. $150 Per Year (Regularly $350 Per Year)
- Discounted biological testing (VO2 Max and Lactate Threshold) at Prime Physical Therapy.
- Discounted personal coaching services and products at Endurofit.
- Any new promotions and discounts that may be added during the season.
- Invitation to attend the team annual party and other team social functions.
- Eligibility for Racing Level Benefits.
3. Racing Level Benefits:
Each team member who purchases at least one 2012 team kit (jersey and shorts), completes the Racing Level Eligibility Requirements listed below and is approved, will receive the benefits listed in base and training levels, PLUS the following:
- Shop Sponsor Discounts
- Gift Card Program
- Race Fee Reimbursement Program (See details here)
Racing Level Eligibility Requirements:
GearLink Racing members must complete all of the following requirements to be eligible for Racing Level Benefits:
- Participate in at least 1 (one) approved GearLink Racing training rides each quarter.(See the Racing Level & Race Reimbursement Request Form for more information
- Hold an annual USA Cycling or USAT license listed as a member of “GearLink Racing Inc.”
- Participate in a minimum of 5 approved USA Cycling or USAT sanctioned races (road, circuit, criterium, time trial, triathlon, biathlon, cyclocross or cross country mountain bike races)
- Wear the current GearLink Racing team uniform during all races and award presentations.
- Submit a Racing Level and Race Fee Reimbursement Request Form.
Racing Level Policies:
The GearLink Racing Level Policies are as follows:
- Each eligible member must complete the Racing Level and Race Fee Reimbursement Request Form and submit for approval to:
Gearlink Racing, Inc.,
P.O. Box 42
Palm Harbor, FL 34682-0042
NOTE: The forms can be submitted by email to the Vice President of Membership.
- Upon approval of the application, the race fee reimbursement payment will be distributed to the team member in the form of a check issued from the team treasurer.
- Gift cards will be made available by the current shop sponsor and only be valid for purchases made at the shop sponsor store(s).
- Gift cards will only be valid for 3 months from the time of issuance.
- Placing and participation will be verified on www.floridacycling.com, www.usacycling.org , www.usatriathlon.org or other board approved information sources as applicable.
Shop Sponsor Discounts and Gift Card Program:
Each eligible member shall receive increasing discounts on all equipment, labor and parts available at our current bike shop sponsor, Chainwheel Drive, according to the number of qualified races completed as described below:
- At least 5 completed races in 2012 = 15% Discount
- At least 10 completed races in 2012 = 20% Discount
When the member reaches a certain discount level, that discount level will carry over to the next year as long as the member renews their membership and completes the same or more races within the following year.
Gift cards from Chainwheel Drive for each top three placing:
- $50 for 1st place
- $25 for 2nd place
- $15 for 3rd place
Race Fee Reimbursement:
- Members receiving official points will receive race fee reimbursement up to $20
- Members placing in the top 10 will receive race fee reimbursement up to $30
- Members placing in the top 3 places will receive race fee reimbursement up to $35, Plus an additional $25.00 for 1st place, $15 for 2nd place, and $5.00 for 3rd place.
- Members who finish a race, will receive race fee reimbursement up to $10